Welcome to Camp Liahona
on beautiful Whaley Lake!!
Camp Liahona - New York is owned by
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
and operated by the Newburgh NY Stake
to serve the needs of Young Women, Church groups, and families
in southern New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
This beautiful camp is located on a wooded tract of lakefront and mountain property
covering over 80 acres along the shores of scenic Whaley Lake and bordering the Appalachian Trail
and Depot Hill State Forest.
If you came to Camp Liahona years ago, we invite you to return to see the changes that we've made,
and enjoy the serenity and beauty of the New York countryside.
If this is your first time to visit us, we welcome you and hope that your
stay will be peaceful and fun.
|What's Happening at Liahona
| The following work has recently been completed, and more improvements are being planned.
- New Entrance:
A new, safer paved entrance is now available with better visibility onto the
highway, and a circular gravel driveway.
- Activity Center - Gym:
New lights, refinished ceiling beams, painting inside and out. Sliding rear entry door.
Cabinets, sink, hot water in food cleanup area. And all bats are now living elsewhere!!!
- Activity Center - Meeting Room:
Repaired fireplace, new floor, new windows, and new tables/chairs.
- Removal of asphalt courts in front of Activity Center.
- Nurses cabin and Restrooms have been repainted
- New softball backstop and soccer goals
- Upgrade of the beachfront
- Poison Ivy has been extensively sprayed and removed
- Spraying for Ticks is done twice each summer to reduce the risk of Lyme disease
| What's New on the Website!
- 06/24/2010 - Updated list of potential Eagle Scout projects in "Boy Scouts" section.
- 06/26/2010 - 2010 Prices for both Camping and Day Use
- Camping: $6 per person, or $30 per immediate family
- Day Use: $4 per person, or $20 per immediate family
- 06/26/2010 - Updated section for "Volunteer Opportunities" including equipment donations and service projects